Moon Gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean Sills

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am going to assume that the early 90's moon gauge cluster will not work with .y 98 dash. Am I correct? I loved the moon guages.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Not a chance lol... Not without some seriously intense modifications, and even then it's pretty unlikely lol. For one thing, all the moonie clusters have the vehicle speed sensor stuff done IN the cluster, whereas starting in 96, the VSS runs to the PCM directly. You'd have a fun time trying to get that to work, much less everything else.

Sean Sills

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not a chance lol... Not without some seriously intense modifications, and even then it's pretty unlikely lol. For one thing, all the moonie clusters have the vehicle speed sensor stuff done IN the cluster, whereas starting in 96, the VSS runs to the PCM directly. You'd have a fun time trying to get that to work, much less everything else.
Well hell.

caminonut

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could sell your 98 and possibly find a nice 91 with moon gauges as that was the last year that use them.

Kens1990K2500

One Piece At A Time
Reaction score
I love the moon gages on my 1990. They all work!

Used to have a 2000 K3500 (last year of GMT400s), and the flickering needle on the fuel gage annoyed me (aka 'hummingbird gas needle').

caminonut

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the moon gages on my 1990. They all work!

Used to have a 2000 K3500 (last year of GMT400s), and the flickering needle on the fuel gage annoyed me (aka 'hummingbird gas needle').
I like that, that’s a good analogy hummingbird gas needle! :)