Misfire/ bucks under load and making right turns... HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Racer10x

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new here, I have a 1998 chevy 1500 with 280k truck has been great tome for the 3 years I've had it. I have it set up to tow my racecars. But I've been having a major problem. It first started off that under load, going up hills or making right hand turns my truck would misfire and buck almost to the point that it sounds like I'm about to break the driveshaft. Now it pretty much does it all the time the truck is throwing the P1345 code. I've changed distributor, wires, plugs, Frank sensor and nothing has worked getting to the point now where I can't drive it. Anyone have this problem or know of anything I might have over looked?

lamogo33

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard that some of these trucks will have a break in a wire in the steering column that will cut out the fuel pump. I've never experienced it myself but hopefully that will get you started in the right direction when searching. And I'm not sure if it effects your year. But turning right leads me to believe it will. HTH.