*&%$ mice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Nope, they're in your truck breeding. You really don't want to be breathing that stuff in, man. Careful with handling the poo and pee, you don't want the hantavirus.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
For clearing up the smell, some of that citrus or fresh peeled orange deodorant bar seems to work pretty good, you might want to try that, not sure if it will work, but it's worth a try. I got a fresh peeled orange scented bar at I80 Truck Stop's website. Smells good and does a pretty good job, I don't really have any odors in my truck, just love the citrus smell. :p

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score

dirtydan_lly

Reaction score
so I just had to say something about what mice did to my truck...so the story goes like this. I enlisted in the navy in may of 2016. While I was at bootcamp some mice chewed through the main engine harness of my 96 chevy and it burnt to the ground. So a little background on the truck. It had so much money dumped into it. it was perfect no rust, it was lifted 6 inches and I had everymod I could have done to the truck done to it on top of having a crate 350 vortec with a high lift cam. I hate every rodent...

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so I just had to say something about what mice did to my truck...so the story goes like this. I enlisted in the navy in may of 2016. While I was at bootcamp some mice chewed through the main engine harness of my 96 chevy and it burnt to the ground. So a little background on the truck. It had so much money dumped into it. it was perfect no rust, it was lifted 6 inches and I had everymod I could have done to the truck done to it on top of having a crate 350 vortec with a high lift cam. I hate every rodent...

Damn that sucks, sry man, was it covered at all?

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Earlier this summer I was in the parts garage for all my stuff and a friend's 95 was in the other bay since we were doing head gaskets, I walked past and heard mice in the truck, open the passenger side door and see a baby mouse on the floor, stab it with plyers and then hear more, so I opened the glovebox and proceeded to kill four or so more babies. Haven't seen any others lately in that truck but they built quite the nest in the glovebox.

When my 89 sat for a bit the mice started to tear up the insulation, however fortunately I never found any chewed through wires.

Another little side story, years ago when I was in high school I went to a friends house and we were building a hay bale pool with a tarp, and while moving bales we ran into a bunch of baby mice, and ended up just placing them on top of a red ant hill. Those little things screamed like crazy while being attacked by ants. Was also the first time I had ever seen a black widow in person too.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I really don't know what the hell mice serve on this planet except tear up our stuff. I guess they serve as food for cats and other animals but that's about it. :mad: Mice can really piss a guy off.

That's terrible @dirtydan_lly, hope insurance covered you for that. I know I would be devastated if that happened to my truck, especially all of the work I put in it.

@gstubbz glad you killed them before they could do anymore harm to your stuff. :waytogo:

Tavi

Vehicle enthusiasts
Reaction score

Well, I guess it’s time I stop complaining about my mouse problem.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Kinda off topic but mice are the reason I'm tearing the inside of my shop apart, 30+ year old shop with mice running everywhere chewing through dog food electrical and I'm tearing out all the drywall and insulation and redoing it with osb walls. An my neighbor had 20+ mice in her chicken feed bucket and i ended up using a golf club and wacking em.
I'm got some rat **** in the 94 but I haven't seen a rat, I open it once a day to make sure but I'm praying they dnt get into the wiring.
Seriously consider finding someone with a pet snake an letting loose in my shop for a week, I'm sure that'd work ha