Manual locks and windows to power conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

meterman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great write up , just did this on my 97 crew cab , would like to add one tidbit , if you have power locks , or remote locks the main harness is there for the windows .

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got mine figured out a few years ago. My harnes was hacked into so I stripped out all the wires and rebuilt it using stock colors. And the lights under dash next to the kick panels and your door lights are connected to the harnes. Ech window uses 2 wires if you throw 12v to one word windo goes up. 12v to the second and window goes down, all wires start fro a power source then to drivers side switches then to Windows, and fom drivers side switch to passengers switch. I ties power to the fuse block behind the headlight switch

eric morales

Reaction score
Can someone help I bought power locks and windows door for a 93 Want to convert from manuel to power I plugged harnnes to covience center and then to door connectors. And it didn't work can someone help asap

xjoey dubsx

Reaction score
Thanks to this thread and actually finding it on Google, I did my 99 Suburban. I ended up getting power windows and all the wiring from a 94. Then door panels and switches from a 99. Found the factory harness installed because I had power locks and had to get the harnesses from the 99 to go from the switches/motors to the door jam to connect to the harness in the truck. Needless to say after some incorrectly plug wires, I now have fully functioning power locks, and windows! Thanks OP and all the other contributers. PS: If anyone needs the main harness and/or harnesses in the door from a 94 Burban for their 94 or older, let me know. I'll sell it cheap.