Manual locks and windows to power conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lil help

Im doin the same thing, but I have a 98, 2 door. I have both door pannels and all the motors. ( my door handles are shaved and I am primarily interested in the windows) But the wiring harness I have is the victim to a hack alarm install or somthing and the driverside is all jacked up. Does each window have a regulator? or would this be a 4 door wiring harness and the regulators be for the front and rear? Im having hell tracing these wires out, can any1 help?

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Alright, so i did this conversion in my truck. i had many questions in the wiring and buttons and what not.
basicly, i got a 1990 chevrolet sport, but came with manuel locks and windows, of course...
I took the harness out of a 1989 but couldnt find the releys, so with reserach and questions ask, weeks later, i found out...

1988-1994, does NOT have releys.

after that, i was wondering about the buttons, my buttons were shoot so was wondering about the ovall and square buttons, 1988-1990 (dont take my word on this, i think thats what it is) had squares ones and 1990-1994 had ovall ones. I think, 1990 and up might have had square ones i nthe lower end models. so you can take the outer shell of the ovall or square one and put the inner guts inside.

here are pictures for reffrence... hopfully helps someone out in the futur

You must be registered for see images attach

BLANKANSWER

Reaction score
How hard was it to take the dash apart? and how long do you think it took you to take the dash out and apart? Did you have to take the steering column out? ... Thanks

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
It's definitely worth taking the column out to do this job. It takes about 20 minutes to remove the column, versus trying to work around it. You have to drop it to remove the dash anyway. A bracket for the dash is sandwiched between the column, and the column support.
The dash itself probably takes a half our to remove, provided you know what to look for.

Sent from an obama phone

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
I did mine without taking anything out to be honest. I just found a new way to run the wire through that was easier and faster. All depends how "stock" you want it. Or how clean you want under your dash.. The way I did it, I was able to tuck my wires and zip'tie them to still have them clean.

BLANKANSWER

Reaction score
I'm not worried about how it looks... Does anybody else's convienience centre look like this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 124