*Manifold Gasket?*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
ive never had the exhaust manifold off my truck so I don't know. Is there a gasket between the manifold and the downpipe? I developed an exhaust leak and that's where it's coming from. I figured I'd ask before I tear into it.

Thanks.

GaryCCR

OnlyBodyStyle enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. There is a gasket there and it's pretty notorious for leaking.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a sintered iron donut. It's not like the old graphite donuts that break down. Make sure it's tight before you pull anything, and make sure it isn't cracked below the flange.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
It's a sintered iron donut. It's not like the old graphite donuts that break down. Make sure it's tight before you pull anything, and make sure it isn't cracked below the flange.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
The here bolts are so rusted they've lost they're hex shape but I was going to wire brush the hell out of them and give it a try to tighten it up. It's never been loosened since new so I'm think it's the gasket.

Sent from my bored/stroked iPhone 6S

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
also make sure one of bolts havent sheared off, also a common problem. make sure you soak thos bolts really well at least a few times for day so help free them up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk