magnaflow exhaust in '95 burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oltorftd

Reaction score
I just replaced my catalytic converter with one of those direct fit cats from magnaflow, and I'd like to put a cat-back system on it. I really prefer magnaflow, but when I look on the magnaflow website they don't make a cat back system for 92-95 suburbans, but they do for the 88-98 trucks. Can I use the 96 suburban/tahoe exhaust on my 95, or am I SOL for using magnaflow?

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can just buy a universal muffler and exhaust tips and go to an exhaust shops and have them install it with tail pipes. Should come out to around the same price as a cat-back "kit" or even a bit cheaper. I just bought a muffler and tips and am going to have my magnaflow installed in a week or two.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Don't mean to steal your thread here, but does anyone know how much I could sell a couple of catalytic converters from a 96 for?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello, my experience with Magnaflow hasn't been good, we have their long case single in single out 3 in. on our 99 burb, with stock tailpipe and no cat's. I has a terrible drone at about 70-75 mph, and when you let off the gas it pop's like a F-ing glass pack, I am sure it would be quiter with cat's, but still I don't like it, and as soon as I can I am changing it out, and I won't buy another one.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello, my experience with Magnaflow hasn't been good, we have their long case single in single out 3 in. on our 99 burb, with stock tailpipe and no cat's. I has a terrible drone at about 70-75 mph, and when you let off the gas it pop's like a F-ing glass pack, I am sure it would be quiter with cat's, but still I don't like it, and as soon as I can I am changing it out, and I won't buy another one.

Hack off the 90 degree pipe at the end and put a tip that runs straight out or just leave it. I **** you not the 90 degree bend causes the drone. A guy on FSC had the same problem and he said that when he cut the bend off there was no more drone.

oltorftd

Reaction score
So I did some looking around on summitracing and it looks like the difference is in the pipes coming from the cats to the muffler. In the 96-98 trucks, there are 2 cats, and the pipes meet before the muffler. In 92-95 the pipes meet before the 1 cat and then go into the muffler. Now there are 2 magnaflow exhaust systems for the 96-98, and one of them is the with the 2 cat setup and one has the 1 cat setup. I may just get the 1 cat setup and see if it will work, and if not then I'll return it.