M 1994 Project Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badass69

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might as well start some sort of thread about this truck. It's gone through many phases lately in the sense of what I want to do with it. It has honestly sat as bare frame rails from the cab back for over 2 years going nowhere. The original 350 was a complete turd and originally I was going with a hotter 350 and then lower the truck........ then I flirted with reassembling it and selling it. Realizing it really is worth absolutely nothing I decided to keep it.

This is what I started with:

You must be registered for see images attach

and this is it's current mileage:

That's in kilometers so it's around 122000 miles. Not bad for a 94.

Here's the turd:

Now I am behind on photos as the original 350 and 4L60E are hanging on my engine crane and I sold them both. Once I get home the buyer will take them away and we are good. What is my replacement engine you ask?

2005 Escalade LQ9 with 40000 miles on it. It needs a bunch of stuff for me to happy with it though, like heads, cam and so forth. I still need to buy a 4L80E as well.

The truck is going to become an SS in a sense. I want to throw in a color match grill, bumper, roll pan in the rear and delete the decals and stainless trim. Sport mirrors, delete the trim ( maybe install the BYP belt molding, I dunno yet) The paint is in really good shape but I will probably end up respraying it after all is done but its staying summit white. I will snap some more photos of it when I get home.

Interior is going to buckets and console and I will toss in my 454 SS cluster I have for it. The buckets are from a 94 Suburban and are originally leather so they are a flat face seat instead of the ribbed appearance the cloth 92-94 high backs have. I am thinking a two tone leather and suede for the redo.

I am doing a 4/6 on it and I think just the stock 15" SS style rims for now. Maybe something more, but since I got a set of 4 in nice shape for $35 a rim they will do for now. It's going down to bare frame that is going to get sand blasted and powder coated.

I have a bunch of undecided things like the rear diff. I have a rebuilt 10 bolt but it only has 3.42 gears and an Auburn LSD...... so instead of doing anything with it I may just grab one of the $100 9.5 14 bolt SF diffs I talk about from a 2wd 6 lug 3/4 ton. Toss the goofy big drums in the junk pile, put 4.10's in it with a Detroit locker and run discs on the back. Redrilling the axles is really no biggie.

It's becoming a track and street toy sleeper so it will stay pretty stockish looking. More progress in time!