Lunati cam for vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brocks 97

Reaction score
Have any of you guys used this cam with a vortec and if so did it run without tuning?

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/lun-20080655

I know tuning will be nessary for optimal performance but I am starting a build plan for my 97

I will be using
Stock ported intake at first and Will switch to the pro flow edelbrock intake later.

Stock heads with undercut ss valves
Cut valve guide and light bowl work and z28 high lift springs.

Balanced rotating assy. I already have the forged pistons 9.7:1 compression and forged rods and will buy new cast eagle crank.

My thought is that with the 115 lsa it will not have much overlap to cause ecm issues.

brocks 97

Reaction score
I thought I posted this in the general engine tech if a mod sees this please move to the proper forum.

Brock

brocks 97

Reaction score
My plan, I don't like to do whatever everyone else does.

I already have the valves, rockers, forged rods and pistons and valve springs from a previous build that didn't happen

I will be buying a junk yard engine to rebuild the block and heads so I can just drop in a long block. Most of the porting will be on the exhaust side of the heads

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
I'd stay away from Eagle parts. Also, that's not a great cam profile for vortec heads.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You do realize stock LSA is 111, right? People worry way too much about overlap and EFI. I have a 109LSA in my truck. Granted my duration is pretty low, but still. Wide LSA bugs me, I much prefer the power delivery of a narrower LSA.