LT1 to NV3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yeahitsbrown

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy an LT1 to NV3500 conversion flywheel. I have a 94 shortbox 5 spd 350. I bought an LT1 to swap into it but I heard I can't use the flywheel off the TBI 350. The LT1 is externally balanced and the TBI is internally balanced I'm told.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just buy a flywheel for a manual trans Camaro...

yeahitsbrown

Reaction score
I was gonna use the flywheel out of my truck but I was told the bolt patterns where the flywheel bolts to the crank are different. And a flywheel for a camaro has a different clutch bolt patterns. The LT1 6 spd cars have a reverse clutch system.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the flywheel from your truck first, I believe it will bolt up fine.

yeahitsbrown

Reaction score
But the LT1 is externally balanced. It needs weights on the flywheel does it not?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did you see the lt1 is externally balanced? The only sbc I know of that's externally balanced is a 400, but I'm far from an expert. As far as I know the short block is the same as any other 350. The differences are in the heads, intake an electronics....

yeahitsbrown

Reaction score
Just what I read. I know there is at least one small difference. The water pump is gear driven off the cam. So there is a hole for the gear above the cam

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well idk then. You'll probably get a better answer to this question on lt1 or ls1.com. I would get a flywheel for whatever car the engine came from then order a clutch for your truck. If the pressure plate bolt patterns are different then just order a clutch for the same car. As long as the disk is 10 spline it will go on the 3500. Worst case you'll have to order the clutch disk an pressure plate separately instead of in a kit.