LS1 transplant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
got everything together & took it for a test drive. unfortunately it runs like crap once i put it in gear & go. it starts to sputter & miss.
had bad fuel pressure & a vacuum leak but i fixed those problems & it's still running bad, if not worse. the check engine light (LED on the neslon harness) hasn't come on but i think there may be a problem with it. i unplugged the MAF while running & nothing changed & no light. we put a code reader on it & it had a code for the MAF. my tach also isn't working right so i'm thinking it may be something in the tune or harness. i'm trying to find someone around me with a scan tool so we can see a little further into it.

Make sure your speedo pickup (electronics) and reluctor ring in the trans are in order.

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i don't have the speedo wire going from the ECU to the gauge hooked up, but i don't think that's the problem. it seems the whole driver side is not firing right. i pulled the plugs & they were all covered in a dry black carbon. i cleaned them, drove the truck around the block, still running like crap, & when i pulled the plugs they were covered again in that short time. looked at a spark plug guide & says i'm running rich on that side. since it's every cylinder on that side i'm thinking it's either in the tune or the harness.
trying to get some info from Nelson Performance now. anyone ever use a Snap-On or Mac scan tool on a Nelson harness? someone told me they won't read.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use my live data auto x ray scanner on my Nelson harness all the time and it work's great, I would definitly say use a scanner and see what's going on, I had O2 sensor problem's in the begining I ended up having to get new 02 sensor's and solder on new pigtail's, but I was trying to use 03+ sensor's, and they set up my harness and tune for 98-02 Camaro 02's. Anyway good luck with you problem's, I hope it's an easy fix!

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i hope it's something simple too, but until i can get my hands on a scan tool i'm trying what i can. i'm going to clean the plugs again & swap my O2 sensors around & see what happens.

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
think we fixed it. my friend Brandon came by with his scan tool & we found 2 of the wires were crossed on the new harness going to the drivers side O2 sensor. swapped the wires around & everything looks good on the scan tool. now to find time to go test drive it & know for sure.

RPMGraphics

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
really drove her around today for the first time. runs good, but very slow throttle response. not sure what it could be. i need to get my 3" exhaust ran, right now i have the headers going to the puny 2" pipes that were there. i also may see if i can borrow another stock throttle body, mine's been ported & polished, maybe ported a little too much? after that, maybe look into the tune? other then that she runs great, idles good, shifts good, i'm pretty pleased so far, but i know there's more to this motor.

You must be registered for see images attach