LS to OBS Fuel Lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95SUBURBANLM7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I bought some AN fittings and about a foot and a half of braided stainless to adapt, but I went for a test fit and the way the stock fuel lines sit, it would take about a foot of the stainless to connect one line! I wouldnt mind that, but it looks so damn ugly. So unfortunately it looks like im going to have to cut and remake the fittings, unless there is another way.

Any suggestions?

5.3_silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
go to the junk yard and get the original fuel lines off a truck or Tahoe. And stop by the parts store and a 3/8 and a 5/16 compression Union. That's how I did mine and turned out great.

95SUBURBANLM7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
go to the junk yard and get the original fuel lines off a truck or Tahoe. And stop by the parts store and a 3/8 and a 5/16 compression Union. That's how I did mine and turned out great.

That looks nice and stock, exactly what I'm going for. No leaks so far from the compression unions? Thanks for the info!

5.3_silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks nice and stock, exactly what I'm going for. No leaks so far from the compression unions? Thanks for the info!
thanks no leaks at all. Everything cost me around 25 bucks. I like the way it worked. Make sure you all the way to filter that way you have plenty.

95SUBURBANLM7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The lines you got, were they braided nylon all the way or just the ends with hardline in between? I ask because I took your advice, went and got the lines today and mine are nylon braided at the ends with hardline in between. That being said, they don't fit well. I've bent the hardline as well as I can and it still doesn't have a neat look to it. So the route I was thinking of going, is to get the OEM connectors at the fuel rail and run straight braided to the filter/return line. Do you know if braided nylon is recommended to run that far?

5.3_silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The lines you got, were they braided nylon all the way or just the ends with hardline in between? I ask because I took your advice, went and got the lines today and mine are nylon braided at the ends with hardline in between. That being said, they don't fit well. I've bent the hardline as well as I can and it still doesn't have a neat look to it. So the route I was thinking of going, is to get the OEM connectors at the fuel rail and run straight braided to the filter/return line. Do you know if braided nylon is recommended to run that far?
My fuel lines went on with ease. Mines metal and rubber. How did you do the lines. Post a pic of it. Mine are nylon braided too.

95SUBURBANLM7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My fuel lines went on with ease. Mines metal and rubber. How did you do the lines. Post a pic of it. Mine are nylon braided too.

Well I got my lines from a Suburban, would that make a difference? All the trucks and Tahoes had their lines clipped, and I saw these lines so I grabbed them.

I'm done for the night but late tomorrow I'll snap a few pics and post them.