After inspecting the engine bores the pitting in 2 of the bores is beyond honing out, so I am going to have to have it bored oversize... so I got hold of a set of low mileage LS1 pistons and rods and will be having the block bored to 99mm from 97. Apparently the walls are thick enough to support it. It was cheaper to buy the LS1 pistons than a set of basic oversize ones. I plan on dropping it off at the machine shop in the next few weeks, but until then I am getting the other parts cleaned up and rebuilt ready to refit. So I started cleaning up the heads first Fitted LS6 springs as I plan on putting a mild cam in the motor. I also gave them a good wash, cleaned all of the ports out and lapped the valves although there was very little wear on the seats. Got one finished, I'll do the other one tomorrow.