LS Swap with a 95 4l60e

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dylans95Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello, Im getting ready to put a 5.3 vortec into my 95 k1500. Its the 13 pin 4l60e so the electronics are good. I know about the 95 PWM isssues. I have a pwm eliminator kit from probuilt automatics to install and I have a used 97 4l60e valve body. Will any of these work and be able to use the 95 4l60e with a 5.3 vortec? The transmission is in good shape, rebuilt last summer, so I would like to be able to use it. Also would there be anyway to use a ls1 input shaft and torque converter so I dont have to use an adapter and different flex plate? What parts would I need to do this if its even possible? Thanks.

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello, Im getting ready to put a 5.3 vortec into my 95 k1500. Its the 13 pin 4l60e so the electronics are good. I know about the 95 PWM isssues. I have a pwm eliminator kit from probuilt automatics to install and I have a used 97 4l60e valve body. Will any of these work and be able to use the 95 4l60e with a 5.3 vortec? The transmission is in good shape, rebuilt last summer, so I would like to be able to use it. Also would there be anyway to use a ls1 input shaft and torque converter so I dont have to use an adapter and different flex plate? What parts would I need to do this if its even possible? Thanks.
If you are not racing and just want to use the 5.3 as a daily driver, that 95 trans should hold. I have a 5.3 with a 1997 4L60e as daily driver and have put 10k miles since the swap. U have to get the adapter for the flexplate and longer bolts. Also install a corvette servo and it helps the trans as well as a trans cooler and u should be fine

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Dylans95Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome thanks, it was recently rebuilt so its good to go. Once I get the 5.3 built and supercharged Ill either do a built 4l60e or swap a 4l80e in.

Dgonz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome thanks, it was recently rebuilt so its good to go. Once I get the 5.3 built and supercharged Ill either do a built 4l60e or swap a 4l80e in.
4l80 is the way to go

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk