ls swap NO START issue. PLEASE HELP!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K30burb

Reaction score
PLEASE HELP!!! LS swap 5.3/4l80e/bw4401 4x4. NO START ISSUE!!! built the harness via instructions from lt1swap.com, pcm is hptuners with vats, egr, secondary o2's programmed out. new install, does crank over, fuel pump is pressuring up for 2 seconds then off, checked crank sensor, have voltage and AND ground, tested sensor it is working, checked voltage and ground at cam sensor it is fine. checked all ground on block, and heads. checked i DO HAVE 12v during cranking, i have 12v at ignition coil harness pink wire but no spark at spark plugs. pcm red connector c2 pins 26-29 and 66-69 do not have power with key on. those are the pcm to ignition coil control wires... PLEASE HELP!!! thank you in advance for your time.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That really does sound like a vats issue. I saw where you had addressed the vats but the tuner may have forgot.

K30burb

Reaction score
i checked the tune, vats are off. I was getting power to cam sensor, and ground to cam sensor, but no return voltage to the pcm. replaced cam sensor. still no start. ripped the harness off truck and cutting it back apart to check if there are issues in the harness.

K30burb

Reaction score
ps. I have seen pcm's that vats were not turned off and it would still start for a few seconds and then die. this does not even do that.

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you using the donor fuse block or something different? All pink wires are 12v switched and you have the 2 orange I believe that are hot at all times to the pcm? Just making sure the pcm has what it needs.

Sent from my throttle body injected galaxy note3

K30burb

Reaction score
yes, all pinks were switched 12v. and the 2 orange wires were constant 12v. found 2 pink wires that ohmed out with ground. so harness issues. chasing that now. was a butchered harness that we saved from the dead but didn't think to check the untouched wires for shorts or breaks. that's were we are at now.

K30burb

Reaction score
had a direct short in the harness. one of the pinks was cut and grounding against the back of the head.