Ls swap into a 96-98 obs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95SUBURBANLM7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
How goes the wiring harness? I'm in the process of combining my '95 harness and a '04 harness, so I know the work that is involved. Although, from what Ive read, it looks like the '96+ harness is much more straight forward then the '95 harness.

5.3_silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's all done. Runs like a champ. Doing the 98 harness was alot easier to do. Alot of repinning but its easy for the most part. Is your the tbi?

95SUBURBANLM7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was it as seamless of an integration as the '96 harness? That's what Im really going for, a stock looking installation, and a harness with as few splices as possible. Mine has more then Id like only because I cut before I completely know exactly what to keep and what got ditched, and I changed my mind on a few things. So a '96 harness swap is in my future. I will use your post, some others, but mainly my own research before I tear into the '96 harness.

5.3_silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was it as seamless of an integration as the '96 harness? That's what Im really going for, a stock looking installation, and a harness with as few splices as possible. Mine has more then Id like only because I cut before I completely know exactly what to keep and what got ditched, and I changed my mind on a few things. So a '96 harness swap is in my future. I will use your post, some others, but mainly my own research before I tear into the '96 harness.
There was alot of splicing in the 95. It turned out ok but it work. The 96 looks better. I had to add some wires.

95SUBURBANLM7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What did you have to add wires for?

Another thing, what air intake are you using? Im ready for that part, but I dont want HP killing OEM air intake and I dont want any crazy chrome aftermarket. What have you seen out there?

5.3_silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What did you have to add wires for?

Another thing, what air intake are you using? Im ready for that part, but I dont want HP killing OEM air intake and I dont want any crazy chrome aftermarket. What have you seen out there?
The wires were for the cam shaft and fuel injectors. My throttle body. Mine is a cheap specter intake from autozone. I did for temporary. Im looking to do a 2010 camero SS where it bolts on the driver side. I haven't really looked at other cold air intakes.

Last edited:

95SUBURBANLM7

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
How come you had to add those? Were you adding them to the LS harness? If you were, why weren't they already on the harness? Your intake looks great by the way. How much was it?

5.3_silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How come you had to add those? Were you adding them to the LS harness? If you were, why weren't they already on the harness? Your intake looks great by the way. How much was it?
I have the throttle by wire and the cam, crank, maf sensor has a black wire and their tired into each other. I did all this to my truck harness.