Ls swap coolant temp/oil sensor adaptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marcelo

Reaction score
Anybody know what coolant temp and oil pressure adpators to run on a 5.3 ls swap? For a 98 4.3.

KansasOBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't really run an adapter on the coolant, just pick up a "4 Seasons 37875" for a 98 camaro or firebird. It has three prongs. You can use a TPS sensor plug from a donor, or I think the oil pressure plug also from an LS harness, or something off the 4.3. Connect the two LS pcm wires, and the green from your stock temp gauge.

The oil pressure adapter is "Auto Meter 2268" I don't have the sizes offhand. But if you haven't checked first, make sure you actually need it. Someone had a post recently where they said their stock oil pressure sender was the same threads as the LS, and it turned out mine was also. I think he might have had a 4.3, and mine was off a 97 7.4.

Marcelo

Reaction score
I wouldn't really run an adapter on the coolant, just pick up a "4 Seasons 37875" for a 98 camaro or firebird. It has three prongs. You can use a TPS sensor plug from a donor, or I think the oil pressure plug also from an LS harness, or something off the 4.3. Connect the two LS pcm wires, and the green from your stock temp gauge.

The oil pressure adapter is "Auto Meter 2268" I don't have the sizes offhand. But if you haven't checked first, make sure you actually need it. Someone had a post recently where they said their stock oil pressure sender was the same threads as the LS, and it turned out mine was also. I think he might have had a 4.3, and mine was off a 97 7.4.
Ok thank you