LQ4 Swap in my 95 Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
little late but congrats, looking forward to the swap

Kawikid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Little update got the motor in and running just waiting on a 3c/1350 U Joint for my tranny and going to weld up the exhaust and Im done. It starts up and runs awesome heres a few cell phone pics

You must be registered for see images attach

4ofakind

Reaction score
Looks awesome. :gr_grin: How long did it take from the time you took the old 350 out to the time you got the LQ4 in? A weekend? A week?
Just wondering because my 95 is my Daily Driver and I may need to factor in a rental when I swap motors.

Mal

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Looks awesome. :gr_grin: How long did it take from the time you took the old 350 out to the time you got the LQ4 in? A weekend? A week?
Just wondering because my 95 is my Daily Driver and I may need to factor in a rental when I swap motors.

Mal

Preparation is key when doing a major swap like this, for every day, hour, or even minute of research you do could save you from a headache or road block that could cost you a day or week in shipping waiting on a last minute part to arrive. There is no doubt you will need to make at least one trip to the parts store during a project so having a back up transportation should always be a factor. Put as much of your research/swap down on paper as possible, this will reveal much of the headaches before they become them, start with the removal of the old motor, then the installation of the new motor, and finally hooking it all up.

Edit: One thing I've done is log everything in a dedicated note book, I have a page for build threads, one for parts numbers I've needed/will need, it makes for a lot of stuff but if you have it all in one place you can eventually find it, that's not always possible if its floating around on your PC or some forum.

Last edited:

Kawikid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heres a little phone video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIfrQrYHksQ

it took us about four days but that was my first motor swap. Now that I know of everything that needs to be done I can do it in 2 easily. Once I weld up the exhaust and get everything running smooth Ill Go ahead and clean up the rest of the bay and be good to go Ill have more pictures soon.