LQ4 6.0 swap 97 Tahoe 4x4 questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DooSPX

Reaction score
I have searched, and came up with many answers to most of my questions, but one I still cannot find for sure. My GF's 1997 Tahoe 4x4 5.7 Vortec has 220k on her and running decent still, but she is wanting to do some major upgrades mechanically, then new paint and wheels.

My question is, The stock gauge cluster? Will it work after a custom harness for the LQ4 and computer? I will use a fly wheel spacer to mount the fresh built (better) 4L60 and T-Case to the LQ4.

thank you for your time.

Jason

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
Yes the stock gauge cluster will work! If you use a different harness than you stock one you'll have to either put the pins in your ls style pcm connectors or splice into them. I just did this swap and everything works like a dream! I elected to add to my existing harness to keep the truck as factory looking as possible! Check out my thread. http://www.gmt400.com/threads/6-0-into-2000-k2500.39892/

DooSPX

Reaction score
Great info, thank you for the info Jay. I will check out your thread! Keeping looking factory is a big deal and all the factory features work for her. Her gauges, power seats, AC, heat, etc.

How bad was it to add to the stock harness??

Last edited: