lowering to 4/6 from 2/4 drop.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5.3_silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a belltech 2/4 drop on my truck right now. The front I know I can do springs or lower control arms. The rear is a little different. It has shackles and hangers.
Would doing a flip kit lower it more than six inches?
Is there other option for the rear besides a flip kit?
My main problem is I don't want to cut my frame as I always haul a lot of stuff.

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
1. To get 6" you will need a flip kit and to remove your shackles and hangers.
2. You will HAVE to notch if you go any lower than you are now
3. Just because you have a notch doesnt mean you cant haul. Just get a good set of shocks and you wont have any issues at all

5.3_silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank for the input. So I need to put my factory shackles and hangers back on and go ahead and flip it. I can get a set of shocks with coil springs on them. Like I have now. For the front I'm going to get the drop springs and alignment kit if needed.

JWall

@jwall202
Reaction score
1. To get 6" you will need a flip kit and to remove your shackles and hangers.
2. You will HAVE to notch if you go any lower than you are now
3. Just because you have a notch doesnt mean you cant haul. Just get a good set of shocks and you wont have any issues at all

Yup. What he said.

So I need to put my factory shackles and hangers back on and go ahead and flip it.

Yes.

5.3_silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ended doing a 1 inch in the front and 1.5 in the rear. If I go lower I will have to redo my exhaust and I tucked and bent it as tight to the body and frame as I could.