Lowering kit question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

One1999Chev

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I will be picking up my 3/4 DJM lowering kit this Thursday if all works well, and I was just curious if it would be beneficial to remove my bed in order to put the shackles and rear hangers on, or is it not totally necessary?
I don't have plans to drive the truck (99 Classic Silverado C1500) for awhile yet as it needs some work I believe on the ball joints, so I was going to park it in the shop and work on getting the new coil springs in the front for now.

If I do end up removing the bed, should I invest in some rear shocks while its off? Or can all this be easily replaced with the bed on? I do not have any sort of lift or anything, but I want to do this all correctly in order to minimize any chance of failure of something later on when the truck is back on the road.

JimboSlice

Reaction score
No need to remove the bed at all. You can get everything done necessary with it still on. If you do remove it you should replace the bed mounts...sending unit and paint any thing that can rust. I just finished my 5/8 drop on stock shocks without removing the bed

Dirty98

Reaction score
Depends where you live im up in ottawa so winters werent nice to her. had to take the bed off im still in the process of finishing it up. all the bolts were seized to the bushing sleeve. orderd new poly ones

You must be registered for see images attach