Lowering front end via torsion bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DieselDetroit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
heyguys

When I purchased this truck (z71) it had 285/75/16s on it and the torsion bars were cranked to make it fit

I've since gone back to the factory tire size, 265/75/16, I want to bring the front end back down. I have lots of front end work to do, followed by an alignment, and want these torsion bars and front suspension setup back to stock.

What is the factory setup like? I guess the Easiest way for me to understand would be if someone knew the from the fender to the ground, or from the fender to the top of tire (in inches), or if there's another measurement method using the adjustment bolts .

Thanks

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Going from 285 to a 265 only changes your ride height by .59 inches. It is not really an issue. The taller tires will fit without changing the Z height so who ever changed the ride height did not really do any thing except make the front of the truck higher than the rear. I run 285's on my SCSB with out any issues.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
You don't get it, the previous owner cranked the piss out of them

Found my answer here, 3.74 inches for k1500s supposedly

http://www.gmt400.com/posts/937412/

Actually I do get it. You stated that the previous cranked the Torsion bars to gain tire clearance for 285 tires. You did not say that they cranked the piss out of them, two different scenarios.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wonder if this varies?

Here is the z-height for a 1998 K Tahoe:

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm, yeah that doesn't seem to match does it.

It's from alldata and supposed to be for a 1998 Tahoe. I see that model number K10906/20906 was used for the K Suburban in 1998, so would guess that is what it is referring to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk