Lowered sas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've kicked around the idea of converting my SS to 4WD. It has a T-56 trans in it and if I thought there was a way to do the swap without losing the trans I'd give it some real thought. There's something especially awesome about a pickup truck spinning all 4 wheels with hoosiers on all 4.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
you have to figure out the thread size and pitch on your tie rods then summit carries an assortment of tie rod sleeves. Just lower the truck until the cv angle is flat using the stock keys, go through the diff and replace all the wear parts like bearings, ring and pinion, and seals, throw fresh fluid in it. thatll hold all the power you want to throw at it if the diff rebuild is done correctly.

Project400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone have any info or links on upgrading 8600 gvrw ifs for high horsepower/torque applications? I'm definitely in the ballpark to fab if needed. I've also been looking at the western chassis lowering torsion keys and these upgraded tie rods they make for lowered trucks.

I think you are more worried than necessary. It seems on pavement launches they are WAY more durable than you would expect