Lowered 4x4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kamd90Chevy

Suthrn1
Reaction score
ok so a local friend of mine posed a very interesting question to me and i'm at a loss for answers. i did some online searching but havent come up with much of anything, well at all actually. he has a 92 k1500 rcsb. and he wants to lower it like 2-3" on all 4 corners and make it like drive like an AWD truck for the local mountain roads around here. hes already built a 2nd transfer case to handle the all the time wear and tear of driving speeds and a built 4l60. will the IFS take this kind of angles/abuse if he were to upgrade the axles and joints? anyone have any links or info on this? it would be greatly appreciated, because id really love to get my hands in on this build too. looking forward to hearing from you guys and gals

Kamd90Chevy

Suthrn1
Reaction score
awesome guys. i appreciate it. im going to email him the link, as well as try to get him on to the site. i explained a bit to him about the site and hes interested. hopefully have another 400 guy on here soon.

Reaction score
Here's a recent picture of mine lowered 5/8. I haven't had any problems with the cv's since 2005 when i lowered it. I did have to replace the upper and lower ball joints with the HD MOOG ball joints because of the angle. They are still going strong though.
You must be registered for see images attach

Truckee19

Reaction score
Here's a recent picture of mine lowered 5/8. I haven't had any problems with the cv's since 2005 when i lowered it. I did have to replace the upper and lower ball joints with the HD MOOG ball joints because of the angle. They are still going strong though.

How did you get That low with a 4wd??

kyled

Reaction score
I used belltech kit 3in keys front, 2in shackles and and 2in hangers for 4in total rear, sitting on 265/65-18 not many miles yet as its not done but it rides great

JJman

Reaction score
I used belltech kit 3in keys front, 2in shackles and and 2in hangers for 4in total rear, sitting on 265/65-18 not many miles yet as its not done but it rides great

What hangars did you use?