lower control arm bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive been told the lower control arm bushings on a 96 k1500 cannot be replaced and you have to buy new control arms to get new bushings.. unless its a z71 with the better control arms..

well can i go get some lower control arms from a z71 at the junk yard and bolt them on?

the z71 lower control arms have replaceable bushings

skinmxz

Reaction score
My truck is a 97 i changed mine when i did the lift it is a z71,I dont think they have different control arms i could be wrong,

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just the guy i wanted to talk to,

how did you stuff those tires under that truck, are you trimmed? are your keys cranked?

also how do your halfshafts like that

skinmxz

Reaction score
Well as far as getting the tires under there,no trim,keys cranked a little ,and so far my halfshafts are fine.The truck has 208 000 kms on it and i believe all the frontend parts are stock(1 ball joint when alignment was done)

ancho

Reaction score
I have a 97 K1500, non z71, and I was able to replace the LCA bushings. I doubt that 96 was any different in that regard. If you post a pic of your LCAs I can tell you if they look the same as mine.

FUNINMUD

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
take the lower control arms and new bushings to local shop and they'll press the new bushings in for ya.

I have a 98, none z71. As posted i removed mine when doing the lift. Brought them to a local shop with a press and they were able to change em for me without major issues.

Doubt your truck is any different.