Looks like the truck is gone...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I had the money up front to purchase an oobs in mint shape I would definitely do it.

When they are nice and clean those trucks look plain beautiful. Plus solid axle stock.

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oobs are hard to get your money back out of no matter what uve dont to it
no amount of lift and paint work is gona make me wana pay 6 or 7 k for one period
nor would i trade my truck for one,no matter how desperate i was for a 4x4
dont get me wrong there nice looking trucks hell there chevys

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You haven't been on 67-72chevytrucks and looked at some of the prices they want or sell for have you?

Besides that who fgives a crap about getting your money back? That usually don't happen on ANY vehicle, you buy what you want because you want it. I know if I bought an oobs I don't give a crap about money back because I'd plan to keep it.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
You haven't been on 67-72chevytrucks and looked at some of the prices they want or sell for have you?

Besides that who fgives a crap about getting your money back? That usually don't happen on ANY vehicle, you buy what you want because you want it. I know if I bought an oobs I don't give a crap about money back because I'd plan to keep it.

Exactly! This summer, I spent a couple thousand on paint/brakes/engine sensors. The truck is probably worth about $4000 right now.....maybe. Some people didn't understand spending so much on a vehicle that would never be worth much more than what I was putting into it. Unless you're looking to sell it, then just about any cost can be justified. As I've said before, my friend has an awesome '78 K5 Blazer (I'll see if I can find some pics), and between exhaust upgrades, engine swaps, upkeep, tires, brakes, and other goodies, I would guess he's spent close to $10k on a truck that would be tough to sell to the average buyer, but it's his baby, and so it was worth it for him. Get what you like, spend what you can justify, and enjoy it!

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score

Prices dont mean jack though, i am done to $6500 on my truck, steal of a deal, and not one bite.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
oobs are hard to get your money back out of no matter what uve dont to it
no amount of lift and paint work is gona make me wana pay 6 or 7 k for one period
nor would i trade my truck for one,no matter how desperate i was for a 4x4
dont get me wrong there nice looking trucks hell there chevys

I can see where your coming from, and i realize its hard to get your money back from an OOBS, but the same is also true for a GMT400, Honestley, i REALLY like the OOBS's, so im considering trading for them, besides, they are the only offers i got.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
agreed I love them and to be honest, I know you put alot of work into your truck and parts aint cheap but to me IMO not being my favorite body style, I think it's a high price. But for me it's a high price for any vehicle, I'd rather pay low for a junker and build it my way. For somebody who loves the gmt400 body style and wants a clean truck, it don't get much cleaner then yours.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Why?, i love them.

I looked at craigslist every day for hours typing in 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979 and 1980 Chevy, I had 1 on the hook and I was about to make the purchase on it, it was a 1979 Chevy K20 RCLB with a rebuilt 454, 14BFF - 4.10s, 35" Mickeys MTZs and a 6" lift. It was Orange with a cowl hood, Roundbar grille and he wanted $3500, I offered $3200, I was about to leave to get it, and he said someone gave him $3500 for it that morning and it was gone.

It took days to recover from that... But I think it was all for the best, I found my truck and havent had any issues with it other than your average alternator, wheel bearings, thermostat & gasket stuff. In the end you will come out on top man, you know your truck better than anyone else.

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can see where your coming from, and i realize its hard to get your money back from an OOBS, but the same is also true for a GMT400, Honestley, i REALLY like the OOBS's, so im considering trading for them, besides, they are the only offers i got.

is it rly worth what all uve got in ur truck?