Looking for tailgate third brake light lens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marty

Reaction score
Probably 15 years ago I bought a kit that relocated 88-98 tailgate handle to inside the bed. The filler plate had a bowtie cut out. Behind the plate, mounted a third brake light. Is anyone familiar with this kit? I am in dire need of a new lens and am having a really hard time finding the kit. Beginning to think no longer exists. I put the filler underneath the rear window of my 1931 Chevy pickup.
You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you still have the original, even if it's broken or cracked? The reason I ask is if you have the exact dimensions of the lens you need, you could probably have someone 3D print it for you for very little money. A lot of universities have the necessary equipment, and students who are willing to make computerized models out of just about anything to feed into the printers. The best part is they're in it for the experience, and only charge you for the cost of materials and running the machines. If it's relatively simple, you might even be able to have someone reproduce it without having access to the original.

Sweet ride, by the way!