Look at my oil leak.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mule89

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't do a straight filter set up on a IFS unless you move the location of filter with a filter relocation kit.
You can cut those crimps off and use simple hose clamps to attatch hose to oil pipe...
If you do cut and use hose clamps this is more likely to happen.

You must be registered for see images attach

I currently don't have oil cooler on my third engine and I was towing pretty regularly. Any oil leak from a point that has oil pressure should be taken care of ASAP it's not worth the risk. Any old style engine will have what you need.
I wonder what kind of difference there is with a stock oil cooler vs no oil cooler temps wise.

Last edited:

Mo-Z71

Reaction score
Are you lifted at all up front?
What filter is that?

i leveled the truck. 3 inch blocks in the back, and slightly cranked the t-bars. But like Magimerlin said above, the distance between drive shaft and engine block doesn't change if you crank t-bars.

I used a Fram PH8873.

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
This is the best $25 I have spent, I don't know why I didn't do this sooner. Seriously, if you are even remotely considering sealing up the leak at the filter adapter, just go ahead and bypass the stupid thing. I researched the two different styles, allen head or regular bolt head, and more people favored the allen head bolts to prevent leaks.

I am completely 100% stock as far as lift tire size etc, and yes I took pics for reference to share with y'all.

PICS:

Parting with this leaking POS:

Last edited:

drtyTshrt

Reaction score
Did I use the correct gasket if i used the gasket in the middle on the right when replacing my stock oil filter adapter gasket?

I ask because it blocked part of the adapter but thought I remember tjat is the way the OE was installed