Longbed to Shortbed Swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

impalaken68

Reaction score
The hangers I used are Belltech #6501, very nice kit. The old hangers were temporarily left in place as a measuring point.

Yes, both shock mounts are relocated, everything attached to the rear axle moves 14" forward.

Thanks!!!!

stevenmc08

Reaction score
Well the weather is finally getting nice so it's time to get cutting! Everything is forward 14", tank is replaced with a short unit, and the excess 19.5" lopped off the rear. There's a few odds and ends to finish but it's almost done.

I was unable to track down a ECSB 2wd driveshaft so I took the old one to a local driveline shop and had it shortened and balanced.

Here's some pics.

You must be registered for see images attach

Hey buddy I don't know if you're still around but you inspired me to do this to my truck. I'm gathering parts and have a couple questions. What did you do for brake lines, fuel lines, and your tank crossmember? Thank you!

Chevy guy

Reaction score
I have a 1988 Silverado 2wd LB EX cab I'm going to make it a short bed. My plan is to basically move the rear axle forward 14" by relocating the spring hangers, etc. I know I will need a short bed, small gas tank, and a shorter driveshaft and other misc items. I was inspired by the CCSB swap in the "Screw cab shortie " thread.

So far I have a sportside bed, smaller tank in hand.

What are my options for a driveshaft, is there a one piece available, or just use a 2-piece from a ECSB? Does anyone have measurements for such a driveshaft?

Any opinions are welcome! Right now I'm collecting parts and will do it this spring.

Hi terry looking for some info on the conversion !

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
How much did it cost you to have the chassis cut?
If you have to ask, then you probably should not be doing this. This is not something that is for the person with limited mechanical knowledge, this I would say is an 8-9/10 as far as difficulty goes, as there is a ton of factors that need to be 100% correct, or you just effed up your truck and need a new frame.

96obs0110

Reaction score
Well the weather is finally getting nice so it's time to get cutting! Everything is forward 14", tank is replaced with a short unit, and the excess 19.5" lopped off the rear. There's a few odds and ends to finish but it's almost done.

I was unable to track down a ECSB 2wd driveshaft so I took the old one to a local driveline shop and had it shortened and balanced.

Here's some pics.

Hey, so no need to cut the middle of the frame ? Just move the axel forward and cut the excess off the rear of the frame ??
Ñ