Longbed to Shortbed Swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerrySmith

Reaction score
It's time to make it look nicer so I blew it apart and painted it Corvette Torch Red, no two tone. I used to use Dupont but the gallon of red alone was $660.00! Went with the Nason Ful-base and 498-00 clear, about 1/3 the cost.

The truck was stripped to the metal, etch primed, minimal body work- door dings and such, urethane primer and blocked. No rust, it's a southern truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Amazing color!! Turned out great

Sent from my 350 TBI powered iPhone

TerrySmith

Reaction score
Have not been here in a while, got the body back together last oct, over the winter rebuilt the rear end and did the XJ steering shaft. Not pictured yet is the LMC headlights, made up a relay harness and added 55w HID low beams, now it lights up the whole world!

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Turned out really really good! Amazing work!! Looking back and forth at what it started out as to now I'd say they were 2 different trucks entirely!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

impalaken68

Reaction score
I'm looking to do something very similar to this. Where did you find the front leaf spring mount? Also, How did you reposition the passenger side shock mount?

[/QUOTE]

TerrySmith

Reaction score
The hangers I used are Belltech #6501, very nice kit. The old hangers were temporarily left in place as a measuring point.

Yes, both shock mounts are relocated, everything attached to the rear axle moves 14" forward.