long tube headers on 98 chevy 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
everytime a look at headers on summit they only show shortys and a couple full length but would long tube headers be hard to put on this model since the torsion bars and everything

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can run either but you may have trouble finding a bolt on exhaust kit that works with the really long ones. (Might need to go custom.)

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have some cheapo headman long tubes on my 94. The stock Y pipe has to be modified to fit it. I however just went ahead and have a shop run me some duals. Like mike said a bolt on kit is most likely not going to work with long tubes.

98chevy4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well see my friend had long tubes on his 2wd chevy and they were headman headers and he only paid like 160 for em but long tubes for mine are like 350 to 400 bucks and i dont really wanna pay that but i dont want shortys

99z28monster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well see my friend had long tubes on his 2wd chevy and they were headman headers and he only paid like 160 for em but long tubes for mine are like 350 to 400 bucks and i dont really wanna pay that but i dont want shortys

Why are yours so expensive? I can understand if you are going for a nicer set such as stainless, or ceramic coated. There are cheap long tubes out there. Remember though you get what you pay for.

98chevy4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
But there cant be any difference in them but instead of saying long tube when i look they say full length but i still dont see the differnce in em

hquick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah...clearance issues with the front drive shaft. Really shouldn't make any difference in price....it's just a way for them to try and justify screwing you for more dollars! ("oh....yours is 4x4...well....it'll cost you double"...Lol!).

Here's a pic of the Camaro headers I modified.

You must be registered for see images attach

And a pic of my buddies Hookers (for a 98 4x4 extra cab)

Last edited: