Long Tube Headers and a Bagged Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If this has been covered before i apologize but i've tried searching and all i come up with is 4x4 lifted trucks. Will long tube headers work on a obs thats bagged and lays frame with out being crushed? Thanks.

jasons99hoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
im not bagged but i am 5/7 lowered. i have a set of longtubes and they dont sit below the frame. i also drive a 99 tahoe and you can see my frame from the side of the truck, but on the trucks its under the body more. i thought clearance was gonna be an issue but its wasnt at all. i used the patriot long tube silver ceramic headers. they worked really nice and i didnt have to beat them with a hammer or anything.

Last edited:

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
im not bagged but i am 5/7 lowered. i have a set of longtubes and they dont sit below the frame. i also drive a 99 tahoe and you can see my frame from the side of the truck, but on the trucks its under the body more. i thought clearance was gonna be an issue but its wasnt at all. i used the patriot long tube silver ceramic headers. they worked really nice and i didnt have to beat them with a hammer or anything.

Sorry for being off topic,what but what headers are you running? Been looking for a set for my beater tahoe

jasons99hoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for being off topic,what but what headers are you running? Been looking for a set for my beater tahoe
patriot longtube silver ceramic coated. part number H8059-1.
You must be registered for see images

jasons99hoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks man!
they have them in raw steel for ALOT less but i dont like the rusty look. they fit really well. i had to shove them in on the passenger side but just a litle muscle will make it work. i removed my coil and stood it up tall on passengerside.