Load Security

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Having witnessed the aftermath of poor decisions on the part of other individuals, I would like to remind everyone to take load security seriously.

This vehicle had 4 occupants at the time of the single MV incident, overturning after leaving the road to avoid a collision with a moose or, in the alternative a loaded tractor trailer in the oncoming lane.

You must be registered for see images attach

Look at the roof panel of the truck, this shows how violent the rollover was.

The fuel tank was well installed with cushioned metal straps mounted through the bottom of the bed with large plate washers under the floor. It could turn into large, heavy projectile if it was not restrained correctly. The fire extinguisher was still strapped to it's bracket on the 'back rack'.

Just because you believe 'gravity' and normal driving will keep something in place, take a few moments for risk assessment.

That heavy sub box you have just sitting on the back seat could break your neck in a collision.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good post as we are all guilty of carrying unsecured loads at times. I had an S-10 a few years ago and in winter I put a few milk crates full of bricks for traction. A friend of mine saw them and said where do you suppose they will go in an accident? I got rid or the bricks.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
guess I better find a better place for that mini sledge layin on my back seat lol. in all seriousness though they are lucky that tank didn't rip its bolts through the bed floor if it wasn't mounted to the frame. I don't care how big those washers are, that is ALOT of weight when that tank is full.

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very good post sir.
X2

I thought about this Friday as I laid a 16" spud wrench and a 12" crescent on the floorboard of my truck. I always try to be aware of situations even If I don't make the proper choices.