LM7 swap into 95 GMC Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
Got a 95 GMC and want to install an LM7 into it. My problem is I live in California and need to do this with all the emmissions components. Is this swap easy and doable or is it a lost cause? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im not completely positive on emissions, ive never really kept anything as far as emissions. the swap is pretty straight forward. if your mechanically inclined, you should be able to handle the swap, theres plenty of places to get your questions answered if you get stuck on something. if nobody here is sure on the emissions, someone over on performancetrucks.net would be able to help you out.

im doing an LM7 in my 90 chevy.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I am unsure about the emissions too, but I believe the crate gm ls motor the E-ROD is an emissions legal swap in to under 96 car's and truck's as long you keep the evap system and cat's. So I bet your swap is doable.

ls6firebird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I am unsure about the emissions too, but I believe the crate gm ls motor the E-ROD is an emissions legal swap in to under 96 car's and truck's as long you keep the evap system and cat's. So I bet your swap is doable.

yea. im almost positive ive seen some guys over on tech from california doing some pretty neat swaps and builds. i dont know if you are held to a higher or different standard when putting a motor in something that wasnt an option from the factory.