Lifting another 2wd...........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 97 silverado and i have a Fabtech 7.5 lift on its way. I would really love to hear from people who have this lift on what size tires/rims they are running.

I know fabtech says you can run 35's with light trimming but i thought about a lil smaller tire with no trimming, something like a 305/70/17

If Anybody has any input on tires that would be great..
im thinking of running either a set of . American racing AR172Baja or a set of Moto Metal 951 chrome im stuck between the two .... Got anything to say dont be shy i could use any info or even opinions before i go buy the rims/tires.

Here is a before pic, and as soon as the lift gets here and i figure out the tires i will have an after pic:head:
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd throw a 3 inch body on also and run 35s.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
when did fabtech start making a 7.5 for these trucks, and you shoulda went with a cepek they can fit 35s no problem

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if i can run a lil more backspacing with this lift? it says a maximum of 3 3/4" with a 15x8" rim but im going with 17-18x9" rims and they are all 4.5 " BS.

I really dont want these tires sticking out more than they have to.....

OBS ROCK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your truck is really clean! Is that factory color?
I think the moto metals would look good!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Doesn't that just kill you. 7.5" of lift and maybe 35's...I'm on 6.5" (+ crank) on 37's not even close to rubbing. It should look good, but I'm with dragit, 3" body lift and 35's for sure!!!

OP, the only thing I do know is this fabtech kit is going to kick your front tracking out by an 1" or 2" and so I say definitely add some wheel spacers for the back when the lift goes on so your tracking is the same width all around. I remember seeing a guy with a fabtech gmt400 back @ mtsu and his front tires stuck out a good bit more than the rears and he didn't space the rears to match so it looked odd. I would think you'll be fine on a real narrow 17x8, that's what I'm running.