Lifted my truck 3". Steering knuckle problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

red97k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sky jacker also makes upper control arms for these trucks. I have never ran them or even seen them in person.I am running the rough country upper control arms with success.The rough country are cheaper than the sky jacker.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
so if people are replacing upper arms, what is everyone doing about lowers? no one else sees the issue with that? your geometry is all over the place now because companys are feeding off the fact that people dont understand basic steering geometrics lol

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so if people are replacing upper arms, what is everyone doing about lowers? no one else sees the issue with that? your geometry is all over the place now because companys are feeding off the fact that people dont understand basic steering geometrics lol

I have never run a lift kit but have worked on some lifted trucks. They usually relocate the lower control arm mounts lower. I personally would not even consider buying a lifted truck either as they all seem to have issues. Even just the leveling kit in my daughters 08 makes front end work twice as difficult as the strut isn't designed to have 2" of spacers stuffed in.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
your talking about a lift kit that actually somewhat properly retains factory steering and suspension geometry. its cranking and your leveling kits that are of the issue.

the strut is the absolute least of your worries, pain in the ass to install but isnt the major contributing factor of why leveling kits are a jank ass terrible idea

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Crank down some. I actually have the RCX upper control arms, and the bushings are starting to tear already almost 2 years later. It doesnt help with my wheels and tires, but it will save you the headache and money now to just crank it down an inch or two.