Lift for 1997 k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You could get shocks with 3 FEET of lift. You still have to squeeze them in between your torsion bar-sprung lower, and your shock dampened upper.

Or do what I did on m Torsion sprung suburban-get coilover mounts and ditch the t bars all together.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

You got pics of what you did on the Burban? I'd be interested on seeing how you did it and how it came out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

DeucesAllin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
heres the only two on this phone... the busted coilover I feel being the result of me not running bumostops- per VAS Specialties- and running off the road and back on at about 100mph.

Visually, it got me down to 33.5" all around (Used Maxtrac 3" tahoe drop springs in rear).

The ride originally was great-but undersprung (per Viking coilovers) at the insistance of VAS. but with the coilovers, drop, and 2" spacers this little puppy on 16" was GLUED to the road. Rocked it for over 15k miles (highway pig) until the accident.

Ill charge my other phone for pics of the mounts, but these same coilovers got pulled out and after rebuilding will go into my c1500. ill start a thread.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

DeucesAllin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the second pic was the day i did it. took some fine tuning to level it out, but he rear springs sucked under load.

Ill do it again, this time usimg FOA resevior coilovers uo front and Z71 rear springs+spacer in the rear with good old 5100s.

Turnerjcaleb411

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
1st of... FORGET aftermarket keys(leveling kit), plain and simple.... the stock keys can level you out with no issue. Stock keys can max you out to the bump stops. Nothing will get past the bump stop. Once it's there it's there..

What bad have you heard about keys(stock not aftermarket)?? That is what out trucks use stock in conjunction with the torsion bars.

Will you have to get an alignment after you crank? It's definately a good idea in my book. Will a crank to level mess up your front end? No it will not, as long as your alignment is good. Will it exaggerate worn out current parts, usually as the angles all changed.

2nd.. shocks... standard oil and or gas charged shocks(like what our trucks use) DO NOT add lift. When they say "shocks with 2-3" lift" they mean the shock travel length is longer and or adjusted for tje lift compared to the stock shocks.

Unless you do the whole 4"+ lift, a crank or SAS is the only way to lift these trucks via the suspension. Only other way to make it look lifted is a body lift.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
This is all the information I need thank you so much for your knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
How about **** you *****

Maybe next time try sarcasm like “thanks for your input” as opposed to how you reacted.

All the forums have at least one smart mouth, and there’s seriously no need for any of it. If I’m guessing correctly, it was probably meant more as a joke, than hatred towards you/ your question.

Don’t misunderstand me, I’m not telling you how to be, but merely a guided idea of how not to be kicked off the forums and actually be taken seriously when you do have a question.

Turnerjcaleb411

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe next time try sarcasm like “thanks for your input” as opposed to how you reacted.

All the forums have at least one smart mouth, and there’s seriously no need for any of it. If I’m guessing correctly, it was probably meant more as a joke, than hatred towards you/ your question.

Don’t misunderstand me, I’m not telling you how to be, but merely a guided idea of how not to be kicked off the forums and actually be taken seriously when you do have a question.
I don’t take **** from no one, also these forums don’t run my life won’t bother me if I get kicked cause I know there is hundreds of more if i needed help/advice