Levelling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OL RED

Reaction score
I want to level my 97 Z71 to get the stance I want, but I don't want to simply crank the keys and have it ride like hell.

I was looking at the rough county 2-3 kit, but it doesn't seem to have very good reviews around here.

Any other suggestions?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cheapest way would be a set of 2" drop shackles for the rear springs.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Isn't there spacer blocks in the rear that will lower it a couple inches without buying anything, and still rides the same?

OL RED

Reaction score
I'm not too fond of lowering it any. I use the truck off road for hunting, and ground clearance is already minimal.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have never raised a 4x4 except my daughters 08 which was a simple set of spacers on the strut. Lifting by changing mount points of stock parts will give a stock ride. Lifting by replacing suspension with heavier duty stuff is where you get stiff ride quality.I understand the biggist draw back to lifting our trucks is you need to cut brackets to fit the lift parts. On a truck as old as ours you can look at it as they are at the bottom of the depreciation curve so it really shouldn't kill the value. But as they grow older the value is due to go the other way soon and may effect resale value ten years from now. Will you own it or do you care?

OL RED

Reaction score
I'm mainly curious if there are any kits designed to move the front suspension down a couple inches. The main thing keeping me from going to a 4 or 6" lift is having to regear, and putting added stress on the transmission. Not too worried about the resale value.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm mainly curious if there are any kits designed to move the front suspension down a couple inches. The main thing keeping me from going to a 4 or 6" lift is having to regear, and putting added stress on the transmission. Not too worried about the resale value.
Putting a lift on it, no matter how much doesn't mean you have to re-gear. Putting taller tires on MIGHT make you want to re-gear.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
although biggr tires tends to go with adding lift lol! Not saying you're wrong, just... you know.. saying lol! If you keep it at 33's with the 4", I think it'll look perfect and you wont HAVE to regear