Less offset without a lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TriGuy

Reaction score
I have a 92 K1500 that I want to slowly begin badassing up just a little bit. Right now I plan on doing a slight t-bar crank just to level, and then throwing on new wheels and tires. The wheels I plan on getting are a 16x8 with a 0mm offset, and the stock wheels are a 16x6.5 with a 50mm offset, meaning the new wheels should stick out 3" more than stock. I got to wondering, would this be harmful without a suspension lift? What would the effects be? Would a 6mm or 12mm offset be much better? I want to space my wheels out a bit more but don't want to hurt anything. Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but I'm somewhat new to the world of modified trucks.
EDIT: If it means anything, I plan on running 285/75s, and this would be stock backspacing of 5.72 in vs backspacing of 4.5 in for 0mm offset if it's better to compare the backspacing.

Last edited:

Emanuel

Reaction score
I have a 92 K1500 that I want to slowly begin badassing up just a little bit. Right now I plan on doing a slight t-bar crank just to level, and then throwing on new wheels and tires. The wheels I plan on getting are a 16x8 with a 0mm offset, and the stock wheels are a 16x6.5 with a 50mm offset, meaning the new wheels should stick out 3" more than stock. I got to wondering, would this be harmful without a suspension lift? What would the effects be? Would a 6mm or 12mm offset be much better? I want to space my wheels out a bit more but don't want to hurt anything. Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but I'm somewhat new to the world of modified trucks.
EDIT: If it means anything, I plan on running 285/75s, and this would be stock backspacing of 5.72 in vs backspacing of 4.5 in for 0mm offset if it's better to compare the backspacing.
Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/trillboii_979/

Check out my 20x12s on my 96 k1500 I have a 3 inch body lift and 2 inch t bar crank up front I have them on 33x12.50s had to trim bumper and fender a bit .
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

TriGuy

Reaction score
I mostly just wanna know if it'll put any significant wear on suspension components or wheel components if I space out my wheels without having the suspension to back it up so to say, seems like it could put some things at weird angles?

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You'll put a little extra stress on the hub bearings, the steering components.cv's for the axles and ball joints.you need to watch your cv angles when you crank the bars. If you get to much of an angle you will be popping cv' s. Your wheel choice won't be that bad compared to running ×10,×12, or wider where you're spacing the wheels farther out from the hub. I woulsnt worry to much, just check for excess play in the steering components and hubs every once in a while

brutpwr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not worry about using 0 offset 8" wide wheels. I think your only going to be aebout 2" out offset wiseon each wheel/tire combo and not 3" unless you are factoring in tire/wheel width also. I like to run 9" or even 10" wheels with 285's but thats just me. If you want to minimize clearance issues you could run a 8" zero offest wheel up front along with a 10" -12mm offset rear wheel. This would avoid the tucked in look in the rear and equalize track widths some.