LED Headlight Set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I run HID lows with halogen highs and 4 hi mod. I never get flashed and I wouldn't dream of reverting to halogen lows.

Shebrolet

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m currently HID low and halogen hi as well. Will have to see how the 4hi looks when I get it installed.

Hoping the HD harness will help out with my HID output as well

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I did an HD harness for the lows as the HIDs weren't working properly with the factory garbage. 4 hi was mandatory because when I switched from hi to lo I had a period of no lights as the lows warmed up again.

scopor0

Reaction score
About 10yrs ago a had a truck that I did the 4 high, battery direct conversion on. I was using a aftermarket clear headlight assembly. I am in Canada and had a DRL truck, the conversion eliminated those. I used PIAA bulbs, they were 4x the price of the Sylvania bulbs but were worth every penny. If I remember it was around $80-90 a bulb. At 100mph I was still “chasing my low beam” and hibeam was like driving in day light. I just bought a 99 Tahoe that has HID projectors installed by the PO and while they look fantastic, they don’t hold a candle to PIAA halogens. I’m probably going to go back to the halogens in the Tahoe.
Just my $0.2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought LED headlights once just to try them out. I drove for about 1/2 mile, went back to my house and literally threw them in the trash lol

The same thing happened to my brother now I bought OPT7 LED lights super happy with them now I had PIAA before but they come not even close to these another thing before my high beams were the life savers not now and what I say is I can’t believe I was using just regular bulbs.

whiteliard

Reaction score
About 10yrs ago a had a truck that I did the 4 high, battery direct conversion on. I was using a aftermarket clear headlight assembly. I am in Canada and had a DRL truck, the conversion eliminated those. I used PIAA bulbs, they were 4x the price of the Sylvania bulbs but were worth every penny. If I remember it was around $80-90 a bulb. At 100mph I was still “chasing my low beam” and hibeam was like driving in day light. I just bought a 99 Tahoe that has HID projectors installed by the PO and while they look fantastic, they don’t hold a candle to PIAA halogens. I’m probably going to go back to the halogens in the Tahoe.
Just my $0.2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any part numbers for the PIAA light bulbs? Thanks.

Bondovw

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have bought the e bay leds before and they lasted 3 months and were not very bright. they had a led top and bottom. I bought another set for a scion and they are going on almost 2 years but they are actually to bright. those had 3 leds .