LED Headlight Set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Well, I got the Sylvania XtraVisions for both Low and High Beams. Bought the 9006 at Wal-Mart (why didn't I go here first for the Ultras?!) and got the 9005 from O'Reilly. Problem is, when I returned the SilverStar Ultra's, O'Reilly gave me a gift card because I have returned a lot of light bulbs, primarily because the LED tail light project was a disaster and returned a few in the past since I didn't need them, the ones I didn't need were unopened. They said they can't keep warrantying them since they are open packages... Sorry, I guess I can't return these already opened previously Sylvania SilverStar Ultra's?! They were already open when I bought them, so don't be blaming me that these are opened, ugh, not going there again, their prices are outrageous anyway (I was curious and looked at the TYC plastic headlights: $52 each side headlight, are you kidding?!), would rather wait 7 days from Amazon and not have to deal with them... :mad:

Sorry for my little rant, just did not have a great rest of the day after that little incident. I guess it's mostly my fault for not making up my mind. Needed the money for gas, but I guess not, give me a gift card instead so I can spend more money at that store, yippy... Again, sorry for being moody right now, the afternoon got a lot better and I am in a lot better mood now, and have decided to shop at Wal-Mart instead for my automotive needs as they are cheaper. :) Anyway, I plan on finishing this maximum light project near Christmas time and then I will report back my results with this, can't wait to do this project!!! :D I am going to buy the Spyder glass headlights, always wanted glass lenses.

Last edited:

Shebrolet

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Following the link for the HD harness into LMC, the website states "does not fit models with daytime running lights" , yet they show a listing for 88-98 trucks. Which one would I need to use for my truck? Mine is a 98, its equipped with DRL, I've just removed the fuse. I have the composite headlamps.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
LEDs shine bright, but don't reach as far as halogens. That's why they suck.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Following the link for the HD harness into LMC, the website states "does not fit models with daytime running lights" , yet they show a listing for 88-98 trucks. Which one would I need to use for my truck? Mine is a 98, its equipped with DRL, I've just removed the fuse. I have the composite headlamps.

Not sure why they say that exactly, I'm not using the LMC HD harness personally. I'm sure you'll be fine, though.

also, I presume one harness is for one side.. so I would purchase two separate harnesses, is that correct?

Nope, you only need one. If you look in the column by their part numbers labeled (REQD) they'll show you how many of an item you need.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
They're probably referring to the Canadian DRL trucks which I believe are wired differently.

Richard

Shebrolet

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah... I didn’t read that (obviously)

Thanks, y’all. Planning on snagging a heavy duty harness and a hi four harness.

Currently have HID bulbs, but likely will go back to halogen for better night vision.

Not sure if there’s a projector on the market for our OBS that would allow the HID to function at full potential. I’m leery of all the cheap Chinese products out there.

Been jaded after having been a collision repair estimator for almost 20 years

Shebrolet

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will admit, I’m a sucker for the HID or LED look. I wish they would perform as well as they look to me. The halogens are just “boring” to me. Lol.