LED Gauge Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I've got 1/2 to 3/4 of my interior done on my GMC Suburban and it looks sooo much better thanks to this forum and thread but have a few questions.

I've done a search and even read the thread a few times but here's where I need help.

Rear wiper switch
4x4 switch
Headlight switch
Mirror controls
Power window switches

*Please no Superbriteleds.com references because they don't cross reference and I'll be purchasing from Amazon or eBay. If somebody had links even better!

Not sure on wiper switch(dont have one)

Floor shift 4x should be a 194/168

Push button 4x needs the old bulbs desoldered and new ones soldered in(did mine)

Headlight switch I remember hearing something about an neo4 or something but I don't recall.( I'm trying to Frankenstein a 194 in a spare one right now with no results yet)

Mirror controls I don't have a part number for. (I used the chipset of a 74 that is also used in the hvac controls, trimmed the leads and dropped it in the holes)

Window switches I don't have a part number for either (again I used 74 chipsets and they work great)

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, what is the best set to buy for the cluster for no hot spots? I see the 90 and 120 angle, has anyone tried the more expensive 360* 194 from superbright?

I'm wanting to either clear or white my needles and upgrade to the blue LEDS in the cluster/HVAC/doors in my 99' Tahoe. I'll just put white in the footwells and dome.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, what is the best set to buy for the cluster for no hot spots? I see the 90 and 120 angle, has anyone tried the more expensive 360* 194 from superbright?

I'm wanting to either clear or white my needles and upgrade to the blue LEDS in the cluster/HVAC/doors in my 99' Tahoe. I'll just put white in the footwells and dome.

When I had my OBS Tahoe I used 360 degree 194’s and the cluster looked great, there were a few people on here that used to sell LED’s that were better quality then super bright, I’d steer clear up super bright the quality of bulbs has gone downhill I won’t buy from them anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
When I had my OBS Tahoe I used 360 degree 194’s and the cluster looked great, there were a few people on here that used to sell LED’s that were better quality then super bright, I’d steer clear up super bright the quality of bulbs has gone downhill I won’t buy from them anymore

Yeah I used to be one of those guys. MOBS did it before me and I took over for his forum stuff after he bailed out of here.

I'm happy you mentioned that about super bright. It's ****** for sure. They were the last high quality manufacturer of LEDs that I knew of. Hyde cut the LED lines after Mike (MOBS) had issues with chipset failures and the manufacturers not standing by their warranty. He ran out of chipset manufacturers he could trust, and he refused to sell sub-par product. So the only two options left on the table were to cut out lighting and focus on audio, or start building lights with high dollar chipsets like cree and phillips, for astronomical prices that would likely never sell due to a tenfold increase in price. So the lines got dropped. He was also smack into the middle of r&d of HIDs.

I'm not an audio guy, I don't know a thing about them. I will not sell anything that I haven't the slightest clue as to the details on.......

Tyler/T-Unit

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I used to be one of those guys. MOBS did it before me and I took over for his forum stuff after he bailed out of here.

I'm happy you mentioned that about super bright. It's ****** for sure. They were the last high quality manufacturer of LEDs that I knew of. Hyde cut the LED lines after Mike (MOBS) had issues with chipset failures and the manufacturers not standing by their warranty. He ran out of chipset manufacturers he could trust, and he refused to sell sub-par product. So the only two options left on the table were to cut out lighting and focus on audio, or start building lights with high dollar chipsets like cree and phillips, for astronomical prices that would likely never sell due to a tenfold increase in price. So the lines got dropped. He was also smack into the middle of r&d of HIDs.

I'm not an audio guy, I don't know a thing about them. I will not sell anything that I haven't the slightest clue as to the details on.......

Tyler/T-Unit

I only use these guys now used them for all the bulbs interior & exterior on my NBS Escalade haven’t had a single issue the bulbs blow super bright out of the water, I’ll just use super bright to find what bulb goes where and order them off here https://hidkitpros.com

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I'm in need of stuff for the jeep and was going to hit SBL up here in the near future. I'll give them a shot and see what happens.

Tyler/T-Unit

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I'm in need of stuff for the jeep and was going to hit SBL up here in the near future. I'll give them a shot and see what happens.

Tyler/T-Unit

No problem, let me know how it goes

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I rolled the dice with superbright. The reviews on the bulb style I went with were good and they have a 2yr replacement guarantee so we shall see.

I just ordered blue:
(6) 194-BHP5 for the cluster
(4) T1.5-BHP for HVAC
(1) Neo4-BHP for the headlight switch

If these work out I'll order the ones for all 4 doors, footwell and dome. I'm also replacing the fuel guage stepper motor and painting the needles white.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I rolled the dice with superbright. The reviews on the bulb style I went with were good and they have a 2yr replacement guarantee so we shall see.

I just ordered blue:
(6) 194-BHP5 for the cluster
(4) T1.5-BHP for HVAC
(1) Neo4-BHP for the headlight switch

If these work out I'll order the ones for all 4 doors, footwell and dome. I'm also replacing the fuel guage stepper motor and painting the needles white.

The only thing with the warranty is you have to return the bad bulb and they don’t cover return shipping, it’s not as simple saying it died and to replace it

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only thing with the warranty is you have to return the bad bulb and they don’t cover return shipping, it’s not as simple saying it died and to replace it

Guess if one dies I'll test that policy, in there reviews I did find a couple guys saying they got bad ones but the rep replied and told them to contact him directly and he would get replacements right out to him.

I looked at some other brands (if there is really even a difference) but decided to just give it a shot. I'm starting to wonder how many real LED manufactures there actually is. Kinda like how other aftermarket parts suppliers buy and rebox under their own brand. It would make sense if there really is only 2-3 companies supplying all these vendors.