Leak at B pillar roof seam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bcampbsh

Reaction score
Hey everyone, took my 93 Blazer out of the garage and parked it in my driveway. Well it's been raining like crazy here in Cali. Finally moved it back into my garage and it started dripping water out of the b pillar rocker panel area. Took off interior trim for Further inspection, and found the B pillar compartment had inch of water. Luckily it stayed contained in there and didn't flood the inside. Thanks to a small opening on the rocker panel seam and catching it quickly it drained out and dried. First time leak, so no rust.

Traced the leak to the top roof seam in the channel of the b pillar sheet and roof, rear of door. How do I fix it? Reapply seam sealer? Sand out old sealer? Seal from Inside? I have no idea where to start.

Thanks.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it is just cracked seam sealer, would try sealing it from the outside, removing any loose sealer if you can. It wouldn't be a pretty repair, but may get you by.

A bottle of touch up paint may give it a twenty footer look, but there are probably more "professional" ways to fix it for good. Maybe someone can advise.

I had a Bronco once that had a similar issue but it caused rust under the panels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never fix water leaks from the inside it will just find a different path to get in or stay wet between panels. I would tape the metal on both sides of the seam and use a utility knife to cut a V into the old sealer. Run a small bead or sealer into the groove and smooth with your finger. Some touch up paint with a striping brush and remove the tape. I would use an automotive seam sealer not silicone, 3M drip check sealer comes in a small tube but it does shrink some after drying and may require a second coat. I would retape after sealing and before painting.