Leaf springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just got my new 95 home. Dropped 4/6.

However, to get the back end UP to 6 with the flip kit, previous owner had to use lift shackles.

The rear springs are shot. I can literally push the back end down 2 inches with one hand on a bed corner. I have a feeling that at least one leaf is broken.

Anyway, before i start digging in the local junkyard, what all springs fit? Just trucks? Or suburban springs too?

Im seriously debating using 3/4 ton springs for added spring rate to keep it off the bumpstops.

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Before you do anything check the bushings and you could always change out the drop shackle to a 1 or 2 inch instead of whats on there to raise it as well.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you don't have a notch for the drop you either have to beef up springs to limit travel but will most likely raise the truck also. I would put a notch in and use new 1/2 ton springs to keep a good ride.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Springs will swap only from same specific body style. In other words pickup to pickup, Tahoe to Tahoe, Suburban to Suburban - they are all different lengths from eye to eye.

However, shouldn't be hard to find a set of springs on a pickup and be good to go.

Richard

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im seriously debating using 3/4 ton springs for added spring rate to keep it off the bumpstops.
Get a set off a "light duty" (7200 lb gvwr) 2500, they have 1 extra leaf and a thicker/longer overload leaf. You won't get much height difference vs. a stock 1500 pack but gain a little load capacity. Or very similar, a set off a 1500 with the RPO F44 suspension package. Same # of leafs although the overload is a tiny bit wimpier.

Richard

drbizerk

Reaction score
Just got my new 95 home. Dropped 4/6.

However, to get the back end UP to 6 with the flip kit, previous owner had to use lift shackles.

The rear springs are shot. I can literally push the back end down 2 inches with one hand on a bed corner. I have a feeling that at least one leaf is broken.

Anyway, before i start digging in the local junkyard, what all springs fit? Just trucks? Or suburban springs too?

I have 1ton leafs on my 93 c1500. I pulled them from a 96 c3500 and they’re a direct fit. FYI the 3/4 and 1 ton use the same leafs. My frame is notched and I’ve got about an 8” drop in the rear. I have a battery bank in the bed that weighs 600lbs + 75 lbs of amps + 400 lbs of subs + 350-400lbs of MDF for the ported wall. Those leafs ride normal and the truck sits at the exact same height if the axle is flipped.