lazarus the hoe and tyrone the denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97hoeboy

Reaction score
hows it going guys, first post of my vehicles on this page. before ever owning chevy truck i owned a 1990 f250 which i called my rusty go kart after rebuilding the engine trans and trading out alot of stock parts she flew but being a pre ODB2 ford it was impossible to diagnose anything and keep it on the road, after that i bought a 1999 f250 super dud gasser with the thoughts of it being a quality vehicle and those thoughts went out the door with the head gaskets, i got tired of putting so much into them and it killed me to sell my 90 but after selling both truck i bought a 97 4dr hoe off my father, needed a distributor pickup and she flew, got it at 180,000 and i drove it to death at 430,000 all stock, blew my mind that a vehicle could do that after being abused for years by my parents and the engine still runs! we converted it to a generator and after a few weeks of searching i ran out to jersey and bought Lazarus my 97 2 dr hoe, nabbed it for a steal of a price with 95,000 miles, trucks interior was mint and the exterior was beautiful however it was used as a plow truck before i bought her which led to some interesting issues, after dragging it home i realized it was going to be some fun as rust scale covered the trailer, first day i started ripping into it i noticed the body itself was mint but the frame was starting to rust horridly but wasn't too far gone, short story it needed a lot of love and for the past few months ive been making it perfect, all new everything, ripped the motor trans and transfer case out and made it all bullet proof in an attempt to make this truck last for at least the same mileage as my last truck, today she sits almost done waiting for the correct wheel bearing to come in so i can give her the first test drive since ripping the motor out. thus ties us in to tyrone the Denali, tyrone is a 00 yukon denali obs with the updated front end. the denali has 246,000 miles and i originally bought it for parts off a local scrap yard with a set of ugly 22" rims and tires that had bands coming through since they never replaced the balljoints, i bought it for all the things that you never want to buy like wiring harnesses but after driving it home and cleaning it up i realized that it drove way to nice and looked way too good to rip apart. since then it has been my daily driver to work and back and i have to say that it drives better than any truck ive had and i really don't get bad gas mileage with all the extras the Denali package comes with, if anyone is interested around the NY area i will be selling tyrone in the next few weeks to make room for my plow trucks and since i will be switching to lazarus full time, truck has nothing but the best for oils/fluids and ignition parts put into it
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• 0ff8216b-550a-4bd9-81e2-52c4474199a3.jpg
    0ff8216b-550a-4bd9-81e2-52c4474199a3.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 25

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Both nice looking trucks, I like the Denali with matching wheels. But a few more NY winters and it won't be that nice any more.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Paragraphs, please for the love of god use them. Reading what you posted gave me a headache.

Looks like you've got some neat projects.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Turned it into a generator? That's the stock front end on the denali btw.

97hoeboy

Reaction score
already have plans for winterizing it to prevent salt damage, wish i had more free time to break into it like i did the hoe, and we all know that is the stock front end for the Denali but i would be quoting GM in saying it received an updated face lift, as far as the generator portion yeah we took the 350 and run it carbed as a generator for the house and my phone sucks donkey **** when it comes to typing and i have yet to buy a new laptop but that story will come to fruition once lazarus is fully presentable in its new state in which il say this, its not on the outside that matters

97hoeboy

Reaction score
Updates! Tyrone is for sale now! unfortunately i haven't spent enough time on the forum to put him in the classifieds but he's been sealed and undercoated with my special and pain in the arse process and will need nothing for a long time, not to mention new road condoms, feel free to message me for info

97hoeboy

Reaction score
okay gentleman and ladies, with a new year comes good and bad news, to start Lazarus no longer holds up to his name and is currently down for the count schrader valve for the FPT port let go on the highway....if you know what im talking about then you know what happened after that, had a fire extinguisher on hand (always) and i got him home on the rollback. SECOND; tyrone is undergoing some changes, i bought a 98 suburban 6.5 with brand new 37x12.5r17's that il never use however tyrone is stealing the quad shock 14 bolt 10.5RG rear as well as the front which was recently rebuilt, motor+trans/t-case upper and lower control arms, post to be continued...

97hoeboy

Reaction score
you do know the suburbans stuff wont bolt up to the denali since one is 8 lug and one is 6 lug right?
I'm not sure what you mean, if you're talking about rims/brakes and all that yea, as far as everything bolting up it does work, upper and lower control arms, steering, anti sway and stabilizer links are a match, as well as the spring perches, quad shock setup, even pinion angle was never changed since it was a body lift not a suspension lift on the burban, new proper width springs as well as the shackles/mounts of the suburban and all new red poly bushings match the skyjacker hydros I bought