Laying 20s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZachieChan

Reaction score
Looking for pics of relocated ecm, fuse box, abs, battery, air intake, cut control arms and notch for tie rod. Pretty much anything to do with laying 20s in the front. Would like to keep everything in the engine bay as well. 96 obs 4.3 vortec

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Going to have to search for the pics. You don't have to cut the control arms if you pie cut the frame for clearance. Its really not that hard to do 20's on these trucks. i set mine up with 22's in mind. Oh BTW don't forget about that Got Damn y pipe for the exhaust. Its been the bane of my project for some time now.

ZachieChan

Reaction score
I actually haven't read about the y pipe, what does that involve? My "status" ,I think it is, under my name is true lol i bought my first bagged truck about 6 months ago with not a whole lot of knowledge about them but I have always wanted one. It came with a set of 20s (running black 15" steelies now) and am looking to get my truck setup for them. Appreciate the info also!

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its cool in my build thread i do have some pics but not many and im not sure of anything you asked about but feel free to ask away.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it's already bagged it may not have a issue with the y pipe under the truck. Also the bolts that hold the transmission crossmeber might be a issue.