Larger Front Swaybar OEM Upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
Been looking around particularly for options for the front sway bar.

Is there a sway bar off another truck that will fit as a thicker/stiffer option up front? There isn't much available in the aftermarket world either; practically the same size just with poly bushings and pretty paint.

I know there's a rear option but I'm looking particularly for a front sway bar upgrade.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
1/2T trucks that came with just the front bar, use a larger one than the trucks with both front & rear bars.
IIRC, the 2500/3500 is larger. As to as if they'll fit a 1/2T? Don't know. I've never compared them.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
I had tried a Helwig one when I was 4/6 and I could never get it to line up where the end links looked right. I think it would have worked if the truck wasn't lowered.

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
1/2T trucks that came with just the front bar, use a larger one than the trucks with both front & rear bars.
IIRC, the 2500/3500 is larger. As to as if they'll fit a 1/2T? Don't know. I've never compared them.
Cool, thanks for the info. I'll look into that.

I'm actually thinking about getting the C3500 heavy or severe duty front springs for the front of my truck (cut to match ride height) as they're ~84% stiffer than the 1/2 Ton trucks (according to figures I found with the manufacturers of the springs I looked at). Intending to build the truck as a dual purpose DD and Autocross truck for the fun of it.

If anyone is interested in the numbers I'll share them..
I had tried a Helwig one when I was 4/6 and I could never get it to line up where the end links looked right. I think it would have worked if the truck wasn't lowered.
Yea I was looking into that. The geometry just doesn't quiet line up. I'm thinking of developing a kit with rod ends that may be a decent solution for the problem. It's all in my head right now but the way I see it may actually work since the pick up points will be different for the better.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

jaywestfall

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I have the Helwig front and rear set for my 1998 C1500, but haven't had them installed, yet. I also am going to ditch the supplied bushings and go with Energy Suspension ones. Just need the money to get the job done...it's beyond my capabilities...