kkirwan71 and pops 1986 iroc z28

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Sounds lije your dad wants for it to be streetable. In that case just stick an HEI in it, hook up the vacuum advance to a full manifold vacuum source and let give it what it wants. The GMPP HEI is the right one.

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
sooooo got hung up on what distributor we need. fyi thirdgen.org is about useless for response on questions and takes forever to search for an answer. got talking to a lady at summit racing about exchanging the computer dist. we bought 3 weeks ago for the non-computer controlled equivalent. she comes back with "is this a race car? because it's a 10k fine if you get caught with the carb on there" i'm like i'll take my chances lmao. but i think i found what we need. going with this i believe https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dui-12720bk/overview/

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
ended up with a weiand speed warrior intake. carb is still yet to be decided. we have a 600 and a 750 holley here that just need rebuilt.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
sooooo got hung up on what distributor we need. fyi thirdgen.org is about useless for response on questions and takes forever to search for an answer. got talking to a lady at summit racing about exchanging the computer dist. we bought 3 weeks ago for the non-computer controlled equivalent. she comes back with "is this a race car? because it's a 10k fine if you get caught with the carb on there" i'm like i'll take my chances lmao. but i think i found what we need. going with this i believe https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dui-12720bk/overview/

You should be able to use any large cap HEI you like, including the one you linked.

It only needs clean 12v, (the alternator is a good place to get it, or up from the starter), to the Batt terminal to run.

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
We have the linked one on the way. Been doing more research and have discovered that running the power for the fuel pump is going to be tricky

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
We have the linked one on the way. Been doing more research and have discovered that running the power for the fuel pump is going to be tricky

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Why can't you trigger the factory relay with an ignition hot wire?

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Yes, it ordinarily triggers through the oil pressure switch, but you can trigger it with an ignition hot instead.

The relay doesn't care about an ECU, if you put 12v to the side of it, it will close that circuit and run that pump.