K2500 Factory Stepside?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheGreyTruck

Reaction score
Are there any others on this site? Mine was for sure ordered from a dealership with a stepside bed. I've never seen another. I have 2 original 1993 dealer brochures and that combination was never offered.

You must be registered for see images attach

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are there any others on this site? Mine was for sure ordered from a dealership with a stepside bed. I've never seen another. I have 2 original 1993 dealer brochures and that combination was never offered.

You must be registered for see images attach

I've not seen one, I do have a custom ordered stepside s10 though. The old man that ordered it got premium wheels and stereo, stepside bed, and then cheaped out on literally every other option. lol

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Being a 6 lug 2500 (a.k.a. "light duty" 2500) I don't find it all that unusual. It's not really much different than a 1500 with the F44 package.

Finding an 8 lug like that, probably didn't happen.

Problem is, call it a 2500 and most people think you mean 8 lug.

Richard

TheGreyTruck

Reaction score
Being a 6 lug 2500 (a.k.a. "light duty" 2500) I don't find it all that unusual. It's not really much different than a 1500 with the F44 package.

Finding an 8 lug like that, probably didn't happen.

Problem is, call it a 2500 and most people think you mean 8 lug.

Richard

Yeah in the brochure it has the breakdown on the heavy and light 3/4 tons and the only beds you could even get for the light are short and long regular beds. It's really odd. Maybe they had to order it in as a shortbed, but the dealer swapped on the stepside at the original owners request.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Likely explanation. Easy enough to tell from the RPO code list, if your sticker in the glovebox is still legible, or if you can pull a listing from compnine or the dealer based on your VIN. Some of the older trucks have no record on file, unfortunately - kind of hit or miss.

RPO E62 is a stepside pickup box (although GM otherwise referred to it as a sportside)
RPO E63 is a fleetside pickup box

Window sticker would also say at the very top, "fleetside pickup" or "sportside pickup" after the model year, right at the very top.

Richard

TheGreyTruck

Reaction score
Likely explanation. Easy enough to tell from the RPO code list, if your sticker in the glovebox is still legible, or if you can pull a listing from compnine or the dealer based on your VIN. Some of the older trucks have no record on file, unfortunately - kind of hit or miss.

RPO E62 is a stepside pickup box (although GM otherwise referred to it as a sportside)
RPO E63 is a fleetside pickup box

Window sticker would also say at the very top, "fleetside pickup" or "sportside pickup" after the model year, right at the very top.

Richard

I really wish I had a window sticker. I'll check in the glovebox to see if there is still anything.

Reaction score
With it being a conversion package truck that adds in to the who dunn it mystery. As you know the conversion folks made k1500 4door crewcab swb trucks in the day long before gm, ford and dodge figured it out. Always thought a crewcab stepside 88-98 truck would look cool

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Yeah as Richard said, it's an LD 3/4 ton (6 lugger, basically a half-ton in disguise, except it had a 14SF 6 lug rear end, whereas a regular half had a 10 bolt rear), not an HD 3/4 ton (all mighty 8 lugger). It would be kind of cool to see an 8 lugger 3/4 ton ECSB with a stepside on it, lol.

Reaction score
Yeah as Richard said, it's an LD 3/4 ton (6 lugger, basically a half-ton in disguise, except it had a 14SF 6 lug rear end, whereas a regular half had a 10 bolt rear), not an HD 3/4 ton (all mighty 8 lugger). It would be kind of cool to see an 8 lugger 3/4 ton ECSB with a stepside on it, lol.
The 94 z71 we have has the 14sf under it and is a 1500...

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 94 z71 we have has the 14sf under it and is a 1500...

Not sure what your point is but the 1500 could be ordered with the 9.5" 14 bolt. It also had rear leafs similar to the 2500"LD" with the extra leaf, though the overload was a little thinner and shorter than the 2500"LD" spring pack's overload.

Look for RPO F44 on your SPID label

Richard