K1500 lowered 4/6 drop with 275 wide tires ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckee19

Reaction score
I'm planing on building my 1994 k1500 as a lowered 4x4 street truck. I'm wondering with a 4/6 drop how wide of tires can I run. I was wanting to run 18x9 wheels with 275 wide tires on all 4 comers. Jw if they are going to rub or if any ones run wider.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I have 20x10 wheels with 5.5" offset and 275 rear tires on my truck. It is lowered about 8" in the rear, I had to trim and roll my fender lips to get everything to fit but it fits great now. Wheels with 6" backspacing might fit better. Up front I have 8.5" wide wheels with 245 tires, I am not sure how well wider tires would fit it is pretty tight up there. Of course this is on a 2wd, I am not sure how different things would be on a 4wd.

kyled

Reaction score
I am running 265/65-18 on factory 18's from a 2011 with a 3/4 drop with tons of room. Would think another inch in the front would be fine.

kewljay223

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have 20x8.5 all around with a 4/6 drop. i used to have 235/35 on all four. i cannot go taller or wider in the front without rubbing issues while turning. they barely clear as is and do rub if i hit a dip at a moderate speed while turning. the back on the other hand has plenty of clearance. with the new motor, i had ZERO traction so i decided to get wider tires but kept the relatively the same height because i didnt want too much of a rake. I believe it was 295/30?? Those fit just fine under there. could probably have gone 305 and maybe 315 but my 8.5's are too small for that. i was pushing it with the 295's which ultimately led to premature wear due to them being mushroomed which caused cracking. lesson learned.

Traction was still not good due to the short sidewall so i sucked up the slightly raked look and went with 255/45 which is what i have on it now. look at the pics and you can see the clearance i have. sorry i forgot to take pics of the front. ill try and do that later. BTW these rims have a 14mm offset (1/2in)

Since you want 18's, you should have more width sidewall options to play with. just run the numbers on sidewall height to relate to what I have given you and you should be able to get a pretty good idea on what you need and how it will fit.

You must be registered for see images
[/URL][/IMG]

This last picture is when i had the 235/35's all around when I first got the wheels.

Truckee19

Reaction score
Looks good. I think i might just go 2/4 or 3/4 drop with some wide tires better in the auto x track and race track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk